We believe in our cremation process so much, that we exclusively offer the Cremation with Confidence™ Guarantee.
Due to national scandals, we understand that those who choose cremation might have doubts about the process and procedures of the crematory. Our 10-step cremation process guarantees that your loved one is well cared for at all times and that the cremated remains returned to you are those of your loved one. We have created an easy to understand brochure detailing our process and procedures.
Our Exclusive 10-Step Cremation with Confidence™ Process
- Code of Ethics - We have strict procedures and ethics that we adhere to while your loved one is in our care. Since there are NO crematories in Genesee County, we use crematories that we know and trust to uphold these same ethical standards.
- Celebration of Life - We will assist you in planning a funeral or memorial service, either before or after the cremation.
- Cremation Diary - To ensure security, a personal identification card is placed with your loved one the moment they are transferred into our care. Their name is entered into our Cremation Diary along with other pertinent information.
- Safeguarding Personal Identity - A numbered stainless steel identification tag is placed with your loved one. This number is logged into our diary and will remain with them throughout the cremation process.
- Family Viewing - We can provide families with an opportunity to say good-bye to their loved one in a quiet, intimate environment. If selected, this must take place within 24-36 after death.
- Checks and Balances to Ensure Correct Paperwork - Three separate parties: a funeral director, family member(s) and the crematory technician, will review all cremation paperwork and permits.
- Thorough Communication with Crematory - Prior to the cremation, we will secure a date and time for your loved one to be cremated. This allows us to be present at the crematory to witness the start of the cremation process. Again, this is done due to the fact that there are NO crematories in Genesee County. We are happy to allow the family to attend and witness this. The date and time as well as the name of the crematory technician are entered into our Cremation Diary.
- During the Cremation - The numbered stainless steel tag issued by the funeral home is present with your loved on during the cremation process. For added security, the crematory also has steps in place, such as a separate numbering system/identification system, similar to ours.
- Details After the Cremation - After the cremation is complete, the cremated remains are kept with the stainless steel identification tag. The tag is verified with our records and kept in our permanent files.
- Return of the Cremated Remains - If the remains are to be returned to the family, we will notify you to schedule a time for receipt. We will provide a dignified setting, in which to receive the remains, where you may spend a few moments, privately, in quiet reflection.
If your choice is cremation,
there is no other choice than us.
To download a digital version of our brochure, please click here.
For further information about Cremation Services, please click here.